Tuesday 24 May 2011

My Singapore: 1

For those of us foreigners who have had the privilege of living and working in Singapore, it is frustrating that the experience never seems to be reflected in the images your friends from abroad see in the standard guidebooks or websites...at least, in my experience.  Most of these are the standard images fall far short of "speaking a thousand words".  In fact, mostly they seem to be speaking a difference language.  At least, that's what I think...

Here are some images I took on my recent trip.  I wanted to show the Singapore I know - Singapore modern, historic, tropical, impressive, colourful, exciting....  But on reflection I see these pictures are just of buildings.  I am going to have to try harder on my next visit...



 China Tower  - Shenton Way   Ion Mall - Orchard Road


Hindu Temple, Keong Siak Street   Bukit Pasoh Road


 Tanjong Page Road                             New apartments - Ebay office in front

No comments:

Post a Comment